After two successful first editions, EURAC Research, partner of the Sinfonia Smart City Initiative, will organise the 3rd International Conference on Smart and Sustainable Planning for Cities and Regions (SSPCR 2019) in winter, between 9 and 13 December 2019.
Digital innovation and clean technologies offer many opportunities for cities to thrive, but how to integrate them in sustainable urban planning strategies? This year, the main objective of the event is to support the effective ‘transposition’ of research results into practice in local and regional policies. In that sense, the conference will explore scaling-up and replication options for existing pilot projects, such as the Sinfonia Smart City initiative.
If you are a researcher, policy maker, professional stakeholder, or civil society representative do not hesitate to join the event to:
Experts from various research fields – from urban planning to engineering, transportation, computer sciences, transportation, as well as social sciences and economics – are invited to submit abstracts related to one or several of the six conference’s thematic tracks to present their latest ideas, experiences and findings by 15 July:
- Shaping the climate and energy transition: clean energy and robust systems for all
- Urban (big) data: challenges for information retrieval and knowledge discovery
- New value propositions in times of urban innovation ecosystems and sharing economies
- Dissolving borders: towards integrated territorial approaches, from smart cities to smart regions
- Thriving governance and citizenship in a smart world: environments and approaches fostering engagement and collaborative action
- Future mobility: autonomous vehicles or empowered pedestrians and cyclists?
If you are still hesitating, please also note that delegates will be offered the opportunity of meeting research and cooperation partners to discuss future project ideas at the conference: the right place to create new partnerships in sustainable urban and regional planning!
9 – 13 DECEMBER 2019 — Time of Christmas market in the snowy Bolzano Mountains.
NOI TECHPARK: a brand new technology park in South Tyrol connecting companies, researchers and students to make innovation thrive in the region.
For more information, click here to visit the SSPCR event’s webpage and learn more about the topics to be covered and the agenda.